2019 IEEE Aerospace Conference EPH Preparation Guidelines
NOTE: If you are not the presenting author, please forward these guidelines to the appropriate person. If you need specific help beyond these guidelines, contact Debbie Minnichelli, the EPH Chair.
Final EPH Submission Deadline: Feb 11
Selecting and Registering for the Electronic Presentation Hall (EPH)
- You have an accepted final paper uploaded to the website. If you complete the following required actions, you will have satisfied the presentation requirements for IEEE Xplore publication.
- You select EPH presentation in the “add presentation details” page. example (http://www.aeroconf.org/presentation-details)
- You must register for the Conference and pay the special EPH fee. You may present no more than two of your papers in this venue. EPH Registration is NOT Conference registration -- this does not purchase a Conference Badge and meal tickets. If you also want to attend the Conference, you MUST separately register for attending the Conference.
- You prepare and test your Audio/Visual PowerPoint presentation in the English language and with the required audio track
- You upload your PowerPoint file to the website.
Preparing your voice-narrated EPH presentation
- Prepare your PowerPoint presentation using the 2013 version or newer.
- Make your slides talking points, not a copy of your paper (they can read that on the CD).
- Keep your EPH presentation to a maximum of 20 minutes total length.
- Format the presentation to meet the dimensions of our wide format monitors by either (a) Changing the Page Width under "Page Setup." to 14 x 8.5 inches, or (b) Using the EPH template provided in the Authors' Information page
- Please keep photos at 72 dpi to reduce overall file size.
- Set slide transitions.
- Use a GOOD QUALITY microphone. We cannot accept EPH with background noise, hissing or voice that's not clear. Use a quite room. Stand up when you speak so your voice is more robust & clear and speak at a reasonable pace.
- Go to "Slide Show" Menu, select "Record Narration" & follow the instructions.
- Proceed through the slides, recording your voice. Click left mouse button when the slide has been voice annotated & displayed for the desired length of time.
- When you finish recording on your final slide, click the mouse & the pop-up window will ask if you want to record the timings, click YES.
- Play your presentation - If not good, re-record until satisfactory.
- Do not password protect or lock the file as some minor modifications may be necessary to present your file at the EPH (unlocked with full privileges).
- Save as a PowerPoint Presentation (.ppt / .pptx) file (unlocked), and play it on another computer as a test.
- Go to the website, and use the “EPH Upload” button to upload your (.ppt / .pptx) file. DO NOT password protect file.
- All uploads must be complete by the end of Feb 11. If we do not receive your presentation, your paper does not go forward to the IEEE for publication. (no limit on file size.)
- For additional PowerPoint Help, try: MICROSOFT1, MICROSOFT2, MICROSOFT3; idea.uwosh.edu, Ted Talk, More Mac help, Keynote/PPT help, Narration How To's, microphones
We link your PowerPoint presentation into an index page with your session, paper title and presentation synopsis on the computers for the EPH. You are done